Thursday, March 10, 2011

The green chair....

1001 Home Place Lane...the destination of my choice for the last spring break of my life. While others may choose Panama City, the Bahamas, a cruise, a beach, or even a trip to see friends, I am drawn to the big green chair sitting in the living room that I have spent most of the nights of my life in since the day I was born. This chair, cozily tucked in next to the fireplace (my favorite thing about my home), is where I curl up to watch an episode of NCIS, drink a cup of coffee, remember where I have been, and think about where I am going. 
Isn't it funny how a chair can turn into a world of its own? Since my Mom purchased it my senior year of high school I can not count the hours I have spent sitting here. There are many weekends I return from MSU with the big green chair being a main motivation for the 3 hour journey.


 For a realist like me, this all feels a bit sentimental. But, as I face the next phase of like in a new place, "green chair-less" (if you will), I am drawn to remember:


"God is God. Because he is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what he is up to." 
 Elisabeth Elliot


No comments:

Post a Comment